To have the privilege to utilize my 30+ years of proven skills, working in the Telecom/IT/Networking & RF Systems, proven loyalty and leadership.
Proven 30+ total years of Technical Experience, US. Army Veteran, Multiple Large Corporations with over 1 decade of service to each organization. Trusted with Large Scale Production Networks (multiple millions of customers)
Senior Data Network Assurance Engineer, Verizon Wireless
OCT 2008 – Present
· Senior Systems Technician - Sunnyvale MSC (previous title) Switch Technician - Sunnyvale MSC
· West DNA SAP Core (Data Network Assurance) Engineering, continue to push for national standardization, utilizing python for automation for running system health-checks on multiple network devices.
· Ability to remain level-headed during large scale outage; troubleshooting, documenting issues encountered and assist with mitigation of functional impairment.
· As a Senior DNA Engineer, provide mentoring & guidance to new junior level engineers
· Created localized training to share with the larger team after attending National NSS & SEAS summit
· Contributing Member of the NSS (Network Support Systems) Switch/Systems Engineering POD Core team, actively work with developers regarding IOP (Integrated Operations Portal)
· NorCal region Primary Operations P.O.C for Network Security Vulnerability & Mitigation management, have reported national issues i.e. vulnerabilities with public facing websites ( & )
· System Administrator - NorCal Ericsson 4G LTE OSS/ENM/SON
· NorCal NCT Administrator (Operations, Engineering, Knowledge Sharing)
· Previously served as POC for BMS (Building Management System), ALC (Automated Logic Controls) WebCTRL Environmental controls. Provide monthly power utilization reports, assisted with major national power utilization saving project.
· Previously Served as primary POC for Samsung WSS (Wireless Soft Switch) connecting entire Region 2 (Western & South Area)
Principal Switch Technician, Sprint PCS
AUGUST 1997 – OCTOBER 2008
· Sr Switch/Network Operations Technician at Brisbane 1 & 2 CDMA MSC (Mobile Switching Center, a.k.a Central Office).
· Responsible as lead technician for over 8 years.
· Assigned to special projects, including consulting for Sprint, internationally - Mumbai, India for Reliance Infocom, as a Lead Switch Engineer, following scope of work, identifying issues that potentially could be impacting to their network launch.
· Large Enterprise Customer Lead POC for deployment of DATA-Only group approx. 18 Cell Sites, deployed at various Oil Refinery “pumpjacks” used for providing real-time remote oil pumping metrics.
· Lead switch technician for validating virtual switch for cell sites deployed at Stanford University, where 5-digit dialing was enabled on-campus.
· Lead for deployment of the SF Bay Area e911 phase I & II deployment
· Primary contact during initial EVDO REV A deployment
· Initially started as an RF Field Ops Technician working on the Lucent CDMA Cell Sites.
US ARMY - Multichannel Communications Systems Specialist (MOS 31R/M/Q)
JAN 1992 – FEB2000 Camp Parks, RFTA, California
· As an Army 31R/M/Q I working on the AN-TRC173, 174, 175, and AN-TRC138 tactical radio communications equipment. We installed the fiber, coax, microwave, and satellite communications to provide rapid deployment of communications infrastructure. This included encrypted & secure voice and data links between multiple locations.Honorable Discharge 1 FEB 2000
Logicon Technical Services (LTSI) (